Solid shampoo for blond and fair hair
with organic lemon powder
How to use me?
Wet your hair, moisten the shampoo, then either apply it with your hands or rub it directly over your scalp. There`s no need to apply the shampoo to the ends of your hair. Massage your scalp to work up a lather, then rinse well. It`s as simple as that!
ABOUT THE 10 INGREDIENTS IN THIS PRODUCT
To wash and care for the hair:
- French organic sunflower oil (Helianthus annuus seed oil*) nourishes and protects the hair. We preferred to use this oil, rather than coconut oil, as it can be sourced in France.
- A surfactant (sodium cocoyl isethionate) cleans the hair while being gentle on the scalp. This ingredient is plant-derived, but because the manufacturing process involves a chemical reaction, it cannot be certified organic. We chose this surfactant to avoid using sulphate surfactants that are harsh on your hair and the environment, as well as those with disappointing cleansing properties.
- A secondary surfactant (coco-glucoside) boosts the lather created by the sodium cocoyl isethionate.
- Organic lemon powder (citrus limon fruit powder*) is rich in carotenoids and flavonoids. It contains citric acid, which gives it a lightening effect, and is also a natural detoxifier.
- Camomile infused oil (chamomilla recutita flower extract, helianthus annuus seed oil*), made with a sunflower carrier oil, gives radiance and shine to fair hair.
- Rhapontic powder (rheum rhapontica root powder) is an Ayurvedic powder that gives golden tones to the hair. Rheumic acid (a yellow pigment) maintains colour.
To give the shampoo its sensorial qualities and make it last:
- Yellow clay (illite, kaolin) is used to give an attractive yellow colour to the product, helps it to last, and absorbs excess sebum and impurities.
- The camomile scent lets you enjoy a pleasant, fragrant shower. The fragrance is made in France from molecules whose origin is a trade secret.
- Palmitic acid, stearic acid: fatty acids derived from olive oil that help to keep the shampoo solid and make it last.
- Vitamin E (tocopherol, helianthus annuus seed oil): a plant-derived antioxidant that prevents the botanical oils from going rancid. It’s contained in sunflower oil. While this ingredient may seem insignificant, it actually plays an important role in the durability of the product.
My environmental impact
By using our solid shampoos, you`ll avoid using liquid shampoos in plastic bottles. What`s more, they last even longer than the liquid version, and you won`t waste a single drop!
We put a lot of thought and care into our formulas to ensure that they`re as natural as possible. We wanted to use a gentle, sulphate-free surfactant that was compatible with the manufacturing process for a solid cosmetic, as well as product usage. It had to have excellent cleansing properties and produce a good lather, and also be plant-derived and easily biodegradable. For us, the only surfactant that met all these criteria was SCI, which combines naturalness with pleasure of use and effectiveness. It means that our shampoos cannot be certified COSMOS Organic, but we felt this was the right decision.
Everything you need to know !
You might also like 4 other products seleted for you