Solid shampoo for coloured-treated hair
with cherry oil
How to use me?
Wet your hair, moisten the shampoo, then either apply it with your hands or rub it directly over your scalp. There`s no need to apply the shampoo to the ends of your hair. Massage your scalp to work up a lather, then rinse well. It`s as simple as that!
ABOUT THE 10 INGREDIENTS IN THIS PRODUCT
To wash and care for the hair:
- French organic sunflower oil (Helianthus annuus seed oil*) nourishes and protects the hair. We preferred to use this oil, rather than coconut oil, as it can be sourced in France.
- A surfactant (sodium cocoyl isethionate) cleans the hair while being gentle on the scalp. This ingredient is plant-derived, but because the manufacturing process involves a chemical reaction, it cannot be certified organic. We chose this surfactant to avoid using sulphate surfactants that are harsh on your hair and the environment, as well as those with disappointing cleansing properties.
- A secondary surfactant (coco-glucoside) boosts the lather created by the sodium cocoyl isethionate.
- Cherry oil (prunus avium seed oil) is rich in linoleic acid, which nourishes the hair and helps prevent it from drying out. It’s also rich in oleic acid, with nourishing benefits, as well as Vitamin E and carotenoids – both of which are photoprotective antioxidants.
- Sidr powder (ziziphus jujuba leaf powder*) is an Ayurvedic powder with astringent properties that soothes the scalp, which can be damaged by hair colour treatments. It helps to «fix» the pigments in plant-based hair dyes.
- White clay (kaolin) is used for its purifying and deep-cleansing properties. Priority is given to kaolin from France, but it may also be sourced from Italy.
To give the shampoo its sensorial qualities and make it last:
- Fragrance: pomegranate, with sweet and zesty notes.
- Palmitic acid, stearic acid: fatty acids derived from olive oil that help to keep the shampoo solid and make it last.
- Vitamin E (tocopherol, helianthus annuus seed oil): a plant-derived antioxidant that prevents the botanical oils from going rancid. It’s contained in sunflower oil. While this ingredient may seem insignificant, it actually plays an important role in the durability of the product.
- Purple gromwell root extract (lithospermum erythrorhizon root extract, simmondsia chinensis seed oil, helianthus annuus seed oil) is an oily extract (jojoba and sunflower oils) with a pigment that gives our solid shampoo its beautiful pink colour.
My environmental impact
By using our solid shampoos, you`ll avoid using liquid shampoos in plastic bottles. What`s more, they last even longer than the liquid version, and you won`t waste a single drop!
We put a lot of thought and care into our formulas to ensure that they`re as natural as possible. We wanted to use a gentle, sulphate-free surfactant that was compatible with the manufacturing process for a solid cosmetic, as well as product usage. It had to have excellent cleansing properties and produce a good lather, and also be plant-derived and easily biodegradable. For us, the only surfactant that met all these criteria was SCI, which combines naturalness with pleasure of use and effectiveness. It means that our shampoos cannot be certified COSMOS Organic, but we felt this was the right decision.
Everything you need to know !
You might also like 3 other products seleted for you