Solid shampoo for white hair
with organic indigo powder
How to use me?
Wet your hair, moisten the shampoo, then either apply it with your hands or rub it directly over your scalp. There`s no need to apply the shampoo to the ends of your hair. Massage your scalp to work up a lather, then rinse well. It`s as simple as that!
ABOUT THE 11 INGREDIENTS IN THIS PRODUCT
To wash and care for the hair:
- A surfactant (sodium cocoyl isethionate) cleans the hair while being gentle on the scalp. This ingredient is plant-derived, but because the manufacturing process involves a chemical reaction, it cannot be certified organic. We chose this surfactant to avoid using sulphate surfactants that are harsh on your hair and the environment, as well as those with disappointing cleansing properties.
- A secondary surfactant (coco-glucoside) boosts the lather created by the sodium cocoyl isethionate.
- Indigo extract (polygonum tinctorium leaf extract*) is a local, natural plant dye that gives the shampoo its blue colour!
- Castor oil (ricinus communis seed oil*) contains 85 to 92% ricinoleic acid, and encourages hair growth thanks to a lipid compound called prostaglandin.
- Wheat germ oil (triticum vulgare germ oil*), rich in Vitamins A, D, K and E, strengthens the hair. Its high content of linoleic and oleic acids gives it nourishing benefits, while linolenic acid helps to improve elasticity.
- Camomile infused oil (chamomilla recutita flower extract, helianthus annuus seed oil*) helps to prevent yellow tones in white hair.
To give the shampoo its sensorial qualities and make it last:
- Palmitic acid, stearic acid: fatty acids derived from olive oil that help to keep the shampoo solid and make it last.
- Vitamin E (tocopherol, helianthus annuus seed oil): a plant-derived antioxidant that prevents the botanical oils from going rancid. It’s contained in sunflower oil. While this ingredient may seem insignificant, it actually plays an important role in the durability of the product.
- Thyme linalool essential oil (thymus vulgaris flower/leaf oil*) is the most gentle thyme essential oil, and has antibacterial and stimulating properties.
- Lavandin grosso essential oil (lavandula hybrida oil*) has calming, relaxing, and also healing properties.
- Red mandarin essential oil (citrus reticulata peel oil*) is ideal for combating stress and anxiety.
My environmental impact
By using our solid shampoos, you`ll avoid using liquid shampoos in plastic bottles. What`s more, they last even longer than the liquid version, and you won`t waste a single drop!
We put a lot of thought and care into our formulas to ensure that they`re as natural as possible. We wanted to use a gentle, sulphate-free surfactant that was compatible with the manufacturing process for a solid cosmetic, as well as product usage. It had to have excellent cleansing properties and produce a good lather, and also be plant-derived and easily biodegradable. For us, the only surfactant that met all these criteria was SCI, which combines naturalness with pleasure of use and effectiveness. It means that our shampoos cannot be certified COSMOS Organic, but we felt this was the right decision.
At Lamazuna, all our products are designed to be zero waste, and we take into account every stage in their life cycle to ensure that they`re as environmentally friendly as possible. Our packaging is made from recyclable cardboard (because we can`t send our products to you naked, but you can recycle the boxes of course!). And if you want to avoid packaging altogether, you can buy our products loose at the Lamazuna store in Paris and from many of our retailers.
Everything you need to know !
You might also like 3 other products seleted for you