Solid shampoo for sensitive scalp
with peony powder
How to use me?
Wet your hair, then rub the shampoo all over your scalp. There’s no need to apply it to lengths, as the generous lather will wash through them, right down to the tips!
Keep the shampoo as dry as possible between uses, just like a soap, to make it last longer.
ABOUT THE 9 INGREDIENTS IN THIS PRODUCT
To wash and care for the hair:
- French organic sunflower oil (Helianthus annuus seed oil*) nourishes and protects the hair. We preferred to use this oil, rather than coconut oil, as it can be sourced in France.
- A surfactant (sodium cocoyl isethionate) cleans the hair while being gentle on the scalp. This ingredient is plant-derived, but because the manufacturing process involves a chemical reaction, it cannot be certified organic. We chose this surfactant to avoid using sulphate surfactants that are harsh on your hair and the environment, as well as those with disappointing cleansing properties.
- A secondary surfactant (coco-glucoside) boosts the lather created by the sodium cocoyl isethionate.
- Peony powder (paeonia officinalis root powder) relieves itching, making it ideal for irritated scalps.
- Chaulmoogra oil (hydnocarpus laurifolia seed oil) has excellent antibacterial and antimycobacterial properties. It contains very specific unsaturated and cyclopentenic fatty acids (hydnocarpic, chaulmoogric and gorlic), which enables it to fight dandruff. It also soothes irritated, damaged and flaking skin.
To give the shampoo its sensorial qualities and make it last:
- Palmitic acid, stearic acid: fatty acids derived from olive oil that help to keep the shampoo solid and make it last.
- Vitamin E (tocopherol, helianthus annuus seed oil): a plant-derived antioxidant that prevents the botanical oils from going rancid. It’s contained in sunflower oil. While this ingredient may seem insignificant, it actually plays an important role in the durability of the product.
- Lavandin grosso essential oil (lavandula hybrida oil*) has calming, relaxing, and also healing properties.
- Atlas cedar essential oil (cedrus atlantica bark oil*) fights hair loss, and also has a relaxing and comforting effect.
My environmental impact
By using our solid shampoos, you`ll avoid using liquid shampoos in plastic bottles. What`s more, they last even longer than the liquid version, and you won`t waste a single drop!
We put a lot of thought and care into our formulas to ensure that they`re as natural as possible. We wanted to use a gentle, sulphate-free surfactant that was compatible with the manufacturing process for a solid cosmetic, as well as product usage. It had to have excellent cleansing properties and produce a good lather, and also be plant-derived and easily biodegradable. For us, the only surfactant that met all these criteria was SCI, which combines naturalness with pleasure of use and effectiveness. It means that our shampoos cannot be certified COSMOS Organic, but we felt this was the right decision.
Everything you need to know !
You might also like 3 other products seleted for you